SAHE 2019-09-24T14:31:10+00:00

MA in Student Affairs in Higher Education (574)

For half a century, NSU has prepared university administrators, college student affairs administrators, and other professionals in higher education.

Student Affairs in Higher Education (SAHE) is a new 36-semester hour Master of Arts degree program offered online. Housed within the College of Education and Human Development, SAHE offers coursework to prepare students for various roles in student affairs and higher education administration. Program graduates can seek careers in diverse postsecondary educational settings, such as community and technical colleges, as well as four-year institutions in both the private and public sectors. SAHE replaces the former 48-hour Student Personnel Services program.

Who should apply?

You!  If you have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and currently work in or want to work in Student Affairs and Higher Education Administration, this program is ideal. This flexible, online program allows working students to take courses part-time or full-time. Additionally, the curriculum’s electives allow students to tailor their studies to fit interests or current job demands. Plus, if you are a non-Louisiana resident, out-of-state fees are waived for online programs!

How do you apply?

First, apply to the NSU Graduate School. There you’ll find information about GRE scores and policies for regular, conditional, or provisional admission. Then, prepare a resume and autobiographical career statement of purpose highlighting interest in SAHE and how the program can assist in reaching career goals. E-mail these to the acting program coordinator Dr. Paula Christensen.

What about tuition costs and financial aid?

For tuition information, go to the Registrar’s link. For financial aid questions, go to the Office of Financial Aid link.

What is the curriculum and course rotation?

The SAHE flier includes this information–and much more! Please, note that course offerings may be subject to faculty availability and student enrollment. Always consult each semester with your assigned major professor. This flier is provided as a guide only. The University Catalog serves as the official document for program requirements.

How long will it take me to complete the program?

The program can be completed in two years. However, you can determine what pace is best.

For more information, please contact Dr. Paula Christensen, acting program coordinator.

Check out our Facebook page: NSULA-Student Affairs in Higher Education

For enrolled students: Student Affairs in Higher Education Handbook

Master of Arts (M.A.) in Student Affairs in Higher Education Documents